Emily

Emily
Emily in her TEAM EMILY shirt for the Diabetes Walk

Wednesday, December 23, 2009

A few changes...

Hey to all of my blogger friends! I know it has been well over a month since my last post, but it has been super busy around here. As you may notice, I have changed the layout and title of my blog. I felt it needed a change from the old brown :) Anyways, I guess I need to do some catching up. Emily is still doing good. She learned the sign for "more" a couple of weeks ago. We just about jumped through the ceiling. I love that she is learning to communicate. We are waiting right now on the therapist to send us some more signs to be working on during Christmas holidays while there is no therapy.

We just got back from our vacation a few days ago. It was fun to be away from everything for a whole week, but of course you know that there are certain things that you just can't get away from such as Diabetes. We still had a good time getting out of the cabin and letting the girls enjoy the streets of Gatlinburg. My oldest, Brooklyn, even got to ice skate for a little while. Now, we're just getting ready for Christmas. We have a big dinner planned for tomorrow with my husband's Dad and girlfriend at our house. This is always so much fun to have them over and open presents from them on Christmas Eve. Then we get to see what Santa Clause is bringing. Brooklyn has really been into the Santa thing this year, making sure that we knew everything that Santa was gonna bring her cause she has been a good girl. lol! Gotta love her! I'm excited about all the stuff Emily is gonna get this year. I tried to get some fun stuff that related to the different types of therapy she is getting to try to give her a little extra time with some fun but educational toys....and maybe a bubble machine to work on Physical therapy with. :) That's always fun! After a big Christmas morning complete with presents and cinnamon rolls, it's off to Maw Maw and Paw Paw's house to have Christmas Day lunch and presents over there. Love Love Love Christmas!

Here's wishing you all a very Merry Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment