Emily

Emily
Emily in her TEAM EMILY shirt for the Diabetes Walk

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Doing Great!

Hope everyone is doing good today! We are doing good right now. Emily's therapists are doing great with her! She's learning to communicate more from her Speech Therapist. We just have to work on those oral motor skills like sucking through a straw and pretty much anything else that has to do with her mouth. She's doing "The Wheels on the Bus" motions now. It's so cute! Me and her Special Instructor both just about had a fit when she did it. Everybody that sees her do it just thinks it is the cutest thing. She even tries to sing it. Physical therapy is going good, too. She's just blossoming right now, and I am so thankful that we have found these therapists. It seems that it is our time! This is good because we have a transition meeting scheduled for the 27th of this month. This is where we will talk about school...makes me almost shiver. I want her to go to school as soon as she can so she won't miss out on anything, but I want her walking before she goes to school, too. Then on the other hand, I know that day is going to be a traumatic day for me because I know that I will be putting her blood sugars into someone else's hands...that's a scary thought for me, but I know it's what is best for her. As the time flies by, it just gets closer and closer. My little baby is growing up, and I'm not quite sure I'm ready for that yet. She's always been especially special to me because of how close I came to losing her to the Diabetes, but once again...it's what is best for her, and eventually, we all have to let go of our babies, and my time is almost here. Lovin my little girl...

No comments:

Post a Comment