Emily

Emily
Emily in her TEAM EMILY shirt for the Diabetes Walk

Friday, January 15, 2010

School Woes...

Ugh! Will this ever end? Will I ever be completely comforatable with every aspect of sending Emily to school? I met with the pre-k teacher today and the school nurse, asked some questions, and have come to this conclusion...I don't think I'm ever gonna be comforatable with this. There's just so much more to think about with the Diabetes, and I want somebody to look me in the eye and tell me that they are gonna take care of my baby!!! All I have gotten so far is a bunch of hesitant answers because nobody has ever had to deal with the Downs Syndrome and the Diabetes. At least one question that has been nagging at me the last few weeks has been answered...send her in March or wait til the beginning of the next school year in August. The answer seems a bit easy now...August. I don't like all the hesitation, and I feel that I need more time to pound all this stuff into these people's heads! I think it will just be easier on everybody if we wait til August...including Emily. She was sooo tiny compared to all the other kids in that classroom...made me a little nervous about that, too. But, August is far enough away that I think she will be walking and doing some other things that I think she needs to be doing before she goes to school. That's just the way it is. Now, the daunting task of getting her therapy worked out to where she can still get it after she turns 3. Probably lots of paperwork, etc. Oh joy! I guess I just wish it was easier. Who doesn't wish their life was a little easier and less complicated? Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

  1. I would have waited until August too. I worry more about the quality of education for Mattie than anything else. I'm sure it's even harder with Emily having diabetes.

    ReplyDelete