Emily

Emily
Emily in her TEAM EMILY shirt for the Diabetes Walk

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Much better...

Yesterday, my husband and I went to Emily's determination of services meeting. It went great! I was so glad to finally see people that I could believe would take care of my daughter and give her what she needs while she is in their care. We also finally got to meet the actual Special Ed director yesterday. The lady that has been handling our case has not been on my good list AT ALL. So glad I don't have to work with her anymore. The therapists were present, along with the preschool teacher, and the principal of the school. It was just great to meet all these people and to see the determined look in their eyes. We will be having another meeting in July because of her Diabetes. We will be looking more closely at what all will need to be done with all of that. Hopefully by then Emily will be on a pump. I discussed this with her doctor at her last visit, and he seemed confident that she would do fine with a pump. OMG this would change our lives. No more shots. May 11 is the appointment, and I am so ready for it. She should be on a saline drip through the pump for a little while to get used to doing the placement and to make sure everything is functioning correctly. Then, I pray to God that it can just be a smooth transition. I'm ready for simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment