Emily

Emily
Emily in her TEAM EMILY shirt for the Diabetes Walk

Monday, September 14, 2009

Maybe...Hopefully...We'll see

A couple of posts ago, I thought that Emily's sugars had gotten situated again. Well, I was wrong. They went competely buzzurck!!! I couldn't get any kind of pattern out of her sugars to even make any changes. She would be low one day, and then the next day at the same time, she would be high. These are the hardest times with her Diabetes. However, today, I think I finally got it...after a week and a half of buzzurck sugars and change after change, we had a good day. It was so nice to see the meter with normal numbers on it. And, of course, Emily was Emily today. She was laughing and being silly like she always is when her sugars are normal...I love those days! We all laugh a lot because she is just full of life, and she makes the rest of us feel full of life, too. It's amazing how she can bring so much joy into our house. I feel so blessed to have been chosen to be her mommy.

Emily is still doing good with her sippy cup. I read something the other day that just almost made me sick. lol! What Emily is doing with her sippy cup right now is either laying down and holding the cup upside down and just letting it pour into her mouth or, if she is sitting up, she leans her head back and lets it pour into her mouth like that. Well, I have been trying to come up with a way to help her to know how to put her mouth around it and suck on it instead of just letting it pour into her mouth (this can get kind of messy). I went to a blog that I found the other day, and it gives advice on some special things to do with children with DS. One of the things that it said was to put babies with DS straight from the bottle to a cup with a straw so they will keep that sucking going on. I was like why the heck didn't somebody tell me this before I put her on a sippy cup and let her get to where she is now. It is different in her case because she couldn't sit up until after she was a year old, but it would have been something I would have tried before she had a chance to lose the sucking. Oh well...She is doing good for where she is right now. I'm just happy that she will actually sit up and drink out of her cup. That's better than laying down with it. She's such an amazing little girl. I just love her to death! Can't wait til tomorrow morning to see her smile again! Goodnight all! Here's hoping for good sugars to continue! Maybe...Hopefully...We'll see

No comments:

Post a Comment