Emily

Emily
Emily in her TEAM EMILY shirt for the Diabetes Walk

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Perfection gone...

For the last couple of weeks, Emily has had near perfect bloodsugars. This is a real feat for a child her age with Diabetes. I work endlessly trying to get these results. I love it when she has these perfect days because it seems that she can just be Emily...She doesn't feel tired and ill because her sugar is high, and she just seems to play more when her sugar is good. We haven't made any changes for probably 2 weeks straight, and it was wonderful. However, as usual, I knew that it would have to come to an end eventually because that is just how it is. Thursday of this week, we had our first bad sugar in two weeks...and it continued throughout that day and through yesterday as well, and it has filtered into today. I was hoping that maybe it would kick back to normal this morning, but the meter didn't agree with me. I can tell that she feels bad, and I think that is the hardest thing about this...I can look at her and know that she feels bad, but there's not a thing I can do about it if the insulin that I give her isn't enough...I just have to wait until time to make another change...and if that doesn't work, wait until time to make the next one. I know eventually I will get it back to normal because that is what I do, but there are days that I just wish she didn't have to deal with all this. Today is one of those days...Here's hoping for a brighter tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. Wishing better days for you and that her sugars get sorted out. Sending warm wishes:)

    ReplyDelete