Emily

Emily
Emily in her TEAM EMILY shirt for the Diabetes Walk

Monday, September 28, 2009

Catch up...

It feels like it has been a while since I have updated on here, so I thought I would let yall know what has been going on...
First of all, I have been a busy bee working on getting a team together to walk in the Mississippi Walk for Diabetes in Oxford. It has been such a rewarding experience. We have had so much support from all over the place. I just feel so wonderful that I actually get to do something for Emily like this. I can't wait for November 1. I know that I will cry. Sometimes we just don't know how many people we have standing behind us until we turn around and look.

Second of all, we have all therapy positions filled now. For PT and OT (we finally got a PT to recommend Occupational Therapy), we now have to drive 45 minutes twice a week to get. It stinks, but I feel like this therapist actually has it together. She is the first one that has looked me in the face and told me that she didn't think it was unreasonable for me to think Emily would be walking by the time she turns three. That means a lot to me. I finally heard from the new Speech Therapist today. Didn't think that was ever going to happen...LOL She only had one more day before the deadline. Though traveling that far are going to be difficult, I'm just glad she has therapists now. I know she is going to thrive, especially with OT added in.

Emily has had pretty good blood sugars here lately...a few lows here and there, but nothing serious. This has just made everything seem about as perfect as it could be. I have a project with the Diabetes Walk, her therapy is going well, and her sugars are good. To me, life couldn't get much better...

Emily is kind of under the weather today. I hate when she is sick...makes everything seem so much worse and the medicine I have to give her for a cold makes her so drowsy. I just hope she gets over it soon.

Besides Emily being sick, everything seems to be in place for now. Good sugars, good therapy, and fun! What could be better! Here's hoping for the good times to stick around for a while...

No comments:

Post a Comment